Wednesday, January 9, 2013
A is for Autumnal Equinox (PBP 2013)
So this year I am going to make a serious effort to keep up with posting for the Pagan Blog Project. Here we go.
My first post is about the Autumnal Equinox. Why, you may ask, when we are just coming out of Yuletide? Because this year I am leading the ritual for the Autumnal Equinox (or Mabon, Fallfest, or Haustblot, as you prefer) for the local CUUPS group I attend. And even now, in the heart of winter, I am thinking about what I want to do to mark that time. My following the Norse Gods results in my rituals being distinctly different than many of the others that frequently have a more generic Wiccan "flavor," if you will. I am fine with this. I like different experiences, and I also like gently pushing people out of their comfort zone. Some folks do not. Some folks have been vocal about that at various times in the 5+ years I have been attending this group. Regardless, the LT keeps inviting me to lead and help out with rituals, so I guess that's what truly matters in the end.
Anyhow, last year I did the Gratitude Project between Lammas and the Autumnal Equinox, and I plan to do it again this year. I am also thinking about that being the theme for my ritual for the Autumnal Equinox this year. Gratitude. Recognizing and giving thanks for what we have, not what we want. Being grateful for those things that we often take for granted. I'm hoping that this theme will lead to a larger discussion about taking that gratitude and thankfulness and giving back. What that might look like, either individually or collectively. What we can do, however humble, to make a positive impact in our world, which feels, at least to me, increasingly hopeless and, for lack of a better word, fucked. Gratitude.
People are invited to give feedback, thoughts, or suggestions as they like.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment