Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Failure, runes, and mead!: A brief update

So clearly I have failed to keep up with PBP 2014 as evidenced by my last post being in March...alas, as always, my life exploded and its been extremely hard to find time for it. I am proud that I made it much farther than last year, and am hoping to give it another go next year! I've been trying to direct more energy into other areas of my life, which I feel is what I need to be doing right now. There's been a lot of stuff going on recently, which I hope and pray everyday is leading to positive change (as anxiety provoking and scary as that is for me) and movement for me. [Oh please, ohpleaseohpleaseohplease]. For now I have to be patient and wait.

I am still working with the runes, and am hoping to be able to find some time at least once a week to pull a rune and write a small blurby blog entry about that. I was recently gifted with a beautiful set of runes, and also have materials to craft my own set which I plan to do soon (I'm thinking about doing that between Mabon and Samhain).


I finally cracked a bottle of the strawberry mead I made last year in honor of Freya last weekend. We were doing a beer tasting with friends while camping, and husband had the idea to make a braggot using my mead and Abita Strawberry Harvest Ale. If you're on Untappd, it's called Freya's Delight Strawberry Braggot. OH. MY. GODS. IT. IS. AMAZING. I also put another batch of mead on to brew, this one is a recipe from the book, 'True Brews,' and is a lavender-blueberry mead. I'm feeling good about it thus far, and it is coming along well. My next batch in August will likely me a vanilla peach recipe, also from that same book.




2 comments:

  1. Yeah, this one might be my finest batch yet. It is very potent though. I really need to get my hands on a hydrometer so I can have an estimation of the alcohol content! LOL

    ReplyDelete