Sunday, October 8, 2017

A weekend of all things magic!

This weekend was busy but blessed!


My Sweet, Fool-ish Self (Tarot of the Wild Unknown)

Friday evening after work and all day Saturday I had the privilege of student teaching the 'Elements of Magic: Thru the Eyes of the Fool' class. This was my first time teaching in Reclaiming, though not my first time teaching or leading a group. The group of folks who attended were AMAZING and could not have more completely embraced the work. I witnessed such willingness, joy, support, and more than a bit of humor. After working through Air, Fire, Water, and Earth, we informed the group that they would be planning and leading a ritual for Spirit using the framework we had introduced them to during the intensive. I was delighted after later returning from a delicious breakfast-dinner at Eat'n'Park with my co-teachers that we were having a blot, a ritual that is very familiar to and loved by me. We then all raised energy together, drumming and dancing and singing a chant they had created together: We are the Witch! We have the tools! We are the Spirit of the Sacred Fool! We did some incredible magic together this weekend and it touched my heart and my soul. Several of the folks who attended the class reached out to me via social media and expressed their gratitude for the experience. I am feeling so grateful for the experience as well. A special thank you (because I know she actually reads my blogs!) to Boneweaver for the opportunity to do this work, and for both challenging and affirming me.


Then today was Pittsburgh Pagan Pride Day. The energy of the festival was good, and I really enjoyed the venue (this year it was in South Park, at the Buffalo Inn and the Home Economics building). I found a gift for my coven's White Elephant Yule exchange this year which I am super jazzed about. I visited the Ancestor altar and lit a candle for my beloved dead. I saw some of my coveners and other Pagan friends new and old. However, the highlight of my day was having the opportunity to hear Byron Ballard speak and getting to meet and talk with her. I bought all 3 of her books which she kindly signed and talked with her about the desire to bring Appalachian folk magic and traditions to the Pittsburgh area. She expressed loving our city and gave me her card and encouraged me to reach out to her. She's also teaching an online class this winter which I plan to look into. She's truly a bad-ass witch, and so funny!



No comments:

Post a Comment