Sunday, May 13, 2018

In the merry merry month of May...

Beltane was low-key this year. It was my coven's off-week, so I relaxed at home with my husband and did some divination. The following weekend was Grove of Gaia Fest, held by another local group annually. My husband and I spent the day and had fun browsing the vendors and hanging out with many friends. He bought me Deborah Blake's Everyday Witch Tarot Deck, which was illustrated by Elisabeth Alba, who is the sister of a friend of ours, as an early birthday gift. I absolutely love the art in this deck, and as someone who is still (slowly) learning Tarot, I find the cards very easy to interact with and intuit from. It came in a really nice box, accompanied by a sizeable guidebook to using and interpreting the cards. In the book, each card has a quote with it that really nicely sums up the energy in the image. I also found myself a drum for a ridiculously low price, a magical pillow decorated with Porgs (don't ask), and an amazing woodburned box with Odin, Freyja, Thor, and Huginn and Munnin on it. Oh, and some Florida Water soap, because that's just useful.

There's been a lot of big energetic shifts happening in my life recently, and I am still waiting to see how everything plays out. I've been trying to focus on the present, which has been a challenge at times. This weekend was really busy, as I anticipate next weekend will be as well. My birthday is next Friday, and my mum and I have a trip to our favorite nursery planned to get plants for my garden. I can't wait. I need time with my plant friends. I stopped at Garden Dreams Urban Farm and Nursery this afternoon and got some herb and flower friends (Provence lavender-white and regular, lemon verbena, French thyme, Tuscan rosemary, stevia, and violets).

One of my coveners (and best friends) publicly announced her pregnancy today. I am so, so, SO overjoyed for her and excited to be an auntie yet again. She's having a little girl. Another witch on Earth! <3 <3 <3


No comments:

Post a Comment