I could rant and rave about work, but I'm not going to. Trying to let it go and get through today, tomorrow, and Friday, so I can enjoy the weekend. Saturday morning I'm getting my hair cut, which is always a relaxing experience. Then we have a wedding to attend. Sunday's events are undetermined. I like this.
Speaking of the wedding we're attending, I promised the groom he could have one of the bottles of my one gallon sack mead batch, which was a tremendous hit @ the hootenanny. That leaves me one bottle, which I'll likely save for Yule. Which means I need to put another batch on to brew soon. Thoughts? Votes? Husband wants to make another cyser (that's mead made with apple cider, which was the first one we ever did--a fine choice). I am thinking I want to try my hand at a melomel again (that's a fruit mead). Maybe cranberry, since they are plentiful this time of year? Or orange spice? Or cranberry orange??? :D The sack mead has a distinct citrus flavor which everyone commented on. Likely from the yeast being activated in orange juice, which was then thrown in the must, and the citric acid. I love my mead recipe book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment