This was excellent! I love this: Myth #3 – Introverts are rude. Introverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest.
I was just telling my daughter about a recent experience that this characteristic caused (yet again) a harsh judgment from a stranger. And the encounter left me confused. *laughs*
I know people often misinterpret my quiet-ness as 'not liking them-ess'. Which is sometimes true (HA!) but usually it's just me being me. Sometimes just trying to keep up with a group of people summons all of my energy and I have none left for words.
Plus people forget that I spent much of my working day having to very carefully choose my words and talk to people, so for me, being quiet is relaxing. If I can be quiet around you it's actually a compliment! LOL
I thought you were quiet around me because I talk so much. :P~
I learned in high school that my quietness was misinterpreted. The gal who sat next to me in band and I were talking and she said, "Wow. You're really nice! I always thought you were stuck up." And she didn't even try to keep the shocked look off of her face. Ha!
A Reclaiming witch with deep roots in Norse and Northern Appalachian folk traditions. Eternally bothered by Odin, Huginn, and Muninn, called by the magic of place, the songs of the Elder Futhark, and the spirits of native plants, particularly herbs. Runeworker, energy watcher, deep listener, healer, mistress of mead, and mother of cats. I strive to understand and to be understood. A born and bred Pittsburgh native, I find joy and peace in breath and in sinking my hands into soil, listening to the whispers of plants and the songs of birds, and watching the bees collect and carry pollen as they buzz with magic.
This was excellent! I love this: Myth #3 – Introverts are rude.
ReplyDeleteIntroverts often don’t see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest.
I was just telling my daughter about a recent experience that this characteristic caused (yet again) a harsh judgment from a stranger. And the encounter left me confused. *laughs*
I know people often misinterpret my quiet-ness as 'not liking them-ess'. Which is sometimes true (HA!) but usually it's just me being me. Sometimes just trying to keep up with a group of people summons all of my energy and I have none left for words.
ReplyDeletePlus people forget that I spent much of my working day having to very carefully choose my words and talk to people, so for me, being quiet is relaxing. If I can be quiet around you it's actually a compliment! LOL
ReplyDeleteI thought you were quiet around me because I talk so much. :P~
ReplyDeleteI learned in high school that my quietness was misinterpreted. The gal who sat next to me in band and I were talking and she said, "Wow. You're really nice! I always thought you were stuck up." And she didn't even try to keep the shocked look off of her face. Ha!