Saturday, February 4, 2012

C is for CUUPS (PBP)

(I apologize that this post is a day late and rather short--I am working this morning. I'll just say it's been a hell of a week and leave it at that.)

CUUPS stands for the Covenant of Unitarian Universalist Pagans. The following comes from their website, which can be found here: CUUPS is an independent affiliate of the Unitarian Universalist Association (UUA) honoring goddess-based, earth-centered, tribal and pagan spiritual paths. UU Paganism is a liturgical and theological community under the umbrella of the Unitarian Universalist Association. Membership in CUUPS is open to Unitarian Universalists and those in sympathy with Unitarian Universalist Purposes and Principles.

Years ago, my husband and I moved to an area where there was a UU Church (The Unitarian Universalist Church of the South Hills, AKA Sunnyhill). I had been a solitary for many moons and was rather lonely and wanting a spiritual community to be a part of so I decided that I would check it out, knowing that there was an active CUUPS group (Spiritways) within their congregation. I am now a friend of that church, and have been attending and leading rituals and Lifecraft classes as part of Spiritways for several years now.

I am the only Norse/Northern Tradition pagan in Spiritways currently, but these folks are quite welcoming (as UU's are notorious for), so I feel very comfortable there.

2 comments:

  1. And you represent your trad well there! Definitely an asset to that community. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did my post on the same! http://galenaseeking.blogspot.com/2012/02/c-is-for-cuups-covenant-of-unitarian.html

    ReplyDelete