Rocky Mountain Red Metheglin. Spiced with orange peel, cinnamon, clove, and red zinger tea.
May the Force be with you. Should be ready to bottle in about 6 months, and ready to drink next year this time.
Awesome. I made mead once before. Turned out so strong that we also used it to strip paint. Course we stored it for a year in an old fire extinguisher canister.
LOL Jas actually got me a recipe book that deals with wild wines and meads and this is one of those recipes. I have made a few batches, our first attempt was a cyser which turned out pretty decent. I then made a metheglin for Yule with buckwheat honey which was quite good and then did a sack mead last year which was great although a little sweet for my taste (it was a 4 lb/gallon batch). I have great hopes for this one. Jas and I have talked about getting a couple more carboys and getting more going. Next I want to try making a pumpkin cyser for fall.
A Reclaiming witch with deep roots in Norse and Northern Appalachian folk traditions. Eternally bothered by Odin, Huginn, and Muninn, called by the magic of place, the songs of the Elder Futhark, and the spirits of native plants, particularly herbs. Runeworker, energy watcher, deep listener, healer, mistress of mead, and mother of cats. I strive to understand and to be understood. A born and bred Pittsburgh native, I find joy and peace in breath and in sinking my hands into soil, listening to the whispers of plants and the songs of birds, and watching the bees collect and carry pollen as they buzz with magic.
Awesome. I made mead once before. Turned out so strong that we also used it to strip paint. Course we stored it for a year in an old fire extinguisher canister.
ReplyDeleteLOL Jas actually got me a recipe book that deals with wild wines and meads and this is one of those recipes. I have made a few batches, our first attempt was a cyser which turned out pretty decent. I then made a metheglin for Yule with buckwheat honey which was quite good and then did a sack mead last year which was great although a little sweet for my taste (it was a 4 lb/gallon batch). I have great hopes for this one. Jas and I have talked about getting a couple more carboys and getting more going. Next I want to try making a pumpkin cyser for fall.
ReplyDelete