Thursday, August 2, 2012

Gratitude Project 2012

The Gratitude Project runs from Lammas to Mabon. It entails you being mindful of whatever brings you Joy and you journal "the something" you are grateful for each day between those Sabbats. No repeats - you can be grateful for your spouse/kids/job/friends, but the reason for the gratitude needs to be different for each entry. It can BIG or not, your journal/blog entry can be long or short. It can be on paper or in pixels and public or private. I was so angry and upset yesterday. To make a long story short, it was not a good day--I had to work a double shift and will likely not be able to comp my time this week due to being too busy and behind, and I was yelled at and pretty much used as an emotional punching bag multiple times throughout the day. The day as a whole left me exhausted, angry, and in tears at times. Despite having been in this situation many times before and I'd imagine many times after, it still affects me. So since I worked late and missed my first post for the Gratitude Project, I will start by saying I am grateful for my sensitivity. Despite it meaning that I am easily upset and at times can be overly sensitive, I think it is one of my greatest strengths, as it allows me to connect to people and understand them (and hopefully be able to help them, since that is my vocation). I think it also helps me from getting too jaded, it lets me know that I still care, and reminds me of my own humanity and feelings, because sometimes to do what I do every day, I have to shut that stuff off. Today, as horrible as yesterday was, I am grateful for my job, I am grateful that I am employed, when there are so many people here in our country and elsewhere in the world who are unemployed and cannot find work, who are struggling and starving every day. Hopefully today will be a better day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment