Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Gratitude

Yesterday: I am grateful for the health of my cat. We had an emergency vet trip yesterday and they thought he might have a blocked bladder, which is a life threatening situation. They did x-rays and said his bladder looked full and they wanted to cath him and express it just to be sure he could pass urine to rule that out. If they couldn't express him it would mean he needed immediate emergency surgery to remove the blockage. They also gave me the option to take him home and watch him, but I opted for the procedure so we were sure. Thankfully they were able to express his bladder, although they said his urine had a lot of blood in it and they ran it on a PH strip and said basically they thought he might have an irritated bladder, likely due to stress. Which I probably caused by going away for so long, even though we had a friend watching them while we were gone. He is very much a momma's boy. My poor Finnegan. I am just so glad he's okay. He was pretty drunk last night from the sedation so I had to bring one of the boxes up to the kitchen and close the basement door as the vet cautioned that we needed to watch him and avoid things like stairs, etc. He has pain meds, and a medicine that basically helps dilate the bladder to help him pee. Which leads me to today's gratitude: Today: I am grateful for canned tuna, and not having to pill my cat. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment