Saturday, February 16, 2013

Garden dreams...

I am thoroughly ready for spring to arrive. As I typically do this time of the year I've started planning and gathering items for my garden. Here's what we've got so far...

Seeds from Burpee:

New variety of sweet corn that can be grown on deck in a container.
Mustard tendergreen
Swiss chard (bright lights variety)
Pow wow echinacea (back gate)
Painted daisy (back gate)
Cilantro (I'm gunna try something I saw on Pinterest in a flat container)
Lavender (lacy frills variety--white lavender!!!!)

Plant swap seeds:

More echinacea (back gate)
Bachelor Button (likely back gate--I'm gunna make my back gate into a wildflower haven)
Fall Squash (I think maybe butternut or acorn or both)

Bulbs from Big Lots (5 dollahz!):

Lily of the valley
Purple Columbine
Black-eyed Susan
(I bought something else and I can't remember what the hell it was!)

So excited for growing things!!!

4 comments:

  1. I, too, am thoroughly ready for spring to arrive. With all the snow we keep getting, this month is turning into a real, serious emotional struggle for me.

    Also, I think I need a real, actual vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered the other bulbs I got at Big Lots were globe thistle.

    ReplyDelete