The winter weather finally broke last weekend, and now my thoughts are consumed with my dreams for my garden this summer. Also, my husband talked me into strongly considering and then purchasing a small CSA share from a local farm that drops all around our area--one of their drops is at the library he runs, and he got to see everyone coming in for their shares last summer. He also got gifts from shares that some of his patrons gave us which he brought home for me and I made good use of. I am very excited--the last two years my garden has not been very productive. I figure that this year, since I now have a share of a CSA, the garden will produce like crazy. First world problems, right? :) I'm totally pumped about eating interesting new things I have not gotten to try before...like rhubarb!
What am I hoping to grow in the garden this year? Here is my wish list:
1. Tomatoes (varieties yet to be chosen, I always do plants of these rather than trying and failing to start them from seed. Think I'm going to choose 3 plants max this year so I don't get overwhelmed)
2. Peppers (Jalapeno, poblano, and sweet banana)
3. Eggplant (variety yet to be chosen)
4. Landreth stringless green beans (have seeds to go directly into garden)
5. Boston Pickling cucumber (have seeds to go directly into garden)
6. Cucamelons (have seeds to go directly into garden)
7. Zucchini (bush variety, have seeds to go directly into garden)
8. Golden beets
9. Parisienne carrots (those small round carrots from France, have seeds to go directly into garden)
10. Jack Be Little pumpkins (tiny baby pumpkins, have seeds to go directly into garden)
11. Emily basil (a compact Genovese variety, have seeds to go directly into garden)
12. Slo bolt cilantro (have seeds to go directly into garden)
13. Bouquet dill (have seeds to go directly into garden)
14. Calendula (for pots)
15. Black-eyed Susan Vine (for hanging basket)
16. Purple Echinacea (have seeds to go directly into garden)
17, Solar Flash and Lemon Queen sunflowers (have seeds to go directly into garden)
18. Chamomile (have seeds to go directly into garden)
19. Bee Balm (have seeds to go directly into garden)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment