Our very first CSA share is here!!! This is our first experience with doing this, and I am super excited!
For those folks who might not know, CSA stands for 'community-supported agriculture.' Basically, you contribute a fee to a local farm, and in return you get a share in their harvest during the season. Our CSA is through Edible Earth Farm in Tionesta, PA. We get our deliveries weekly and purchased a small share, although as I am beginning to understand, it's not actually small. Here's week one's haul:
So one of the challenges (which I accept, btw) of a CSA is that it requires a little more meal planning than I generally engage in, being that I work full time and then some and am generally running around like a chicken with my head cut off most of the time. So here's some of the recipes I am planning to make with our first week's bounty, which came last night:
Rustic Indian Lentils with Collard Greens (collard greens)
Radiant Bok Choy (bok choy)
Mushroom and Garlic Scape Quiche (garlic scapes--I may also throw some of the spinach in this)
Cheeseburger Quiche (this recipe comes from my mother and is a favorite of our gaming group; green onions)
Salad (Lettuce and spinach if there's any left)
I am looking forward to my weekly culinary adventures! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I was not a huge fan of the radiant bok choy. I used unsweetened coconut beverage from TJs and ended up additing a little bit of sugar to sweeten the sauce. It was still very bitter with the tumeric.
ReplyDelete