Last weekend I attended a Reclaiming Pearl Pentacle intensive held here in Pittsburgh that was led by my dear friend Amoret Briarrose and her dear friend Phoenix LeFae from California. The story they chose for us to work over the weekend was The Doll in Her Pocket: Vasalisa the Wise as told by Dr. Clarissa Pinkola Estes in her book, 'Women Who Run With the Wolves.'
The Pearl Pentacle is a tool from Reclaiming's older cousin, the Feri tradition. Its five points are Love, Law, Wisdom, Liberty, and Knowledge. We ran Pearl energy throughout the weekend and did exercises related to each of the points. We processed. We journaled. We made so much magic. We moved energy and energy moved us.
Pearl Pentacle is a variation of another Feri tool known as the Iron Pentacle. Often folks work with Iron first, which is thought to be work of the self, and then Pearl, which is thought to be work of community which can happen over many lifetimes. I happened to encounter Pearl first, and will be working with Iron in the near future at another intensive.
I am still processing. And I am still being moved.
Sometimes, you think you are working a story, and in fact, the story is actually working you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment