Saturday, August 2, 2014

Gratitude Project 2014

The Gratitude Project runs from Lammas to Mabon. It entails you being mindful of whatever brings you Joy and you journal what you are grateful for each day between those Sabbats. No repeats - you can be grateful for your spouse/kids/job/friends, but the reason for the gratitude needs to be different for each entry. It can BIG or not, your journal/blog entry can be long or short. It can be on paper or in pixels and public or private. A daily focused devotional work that runs from first to second harvest is a lovely and useful thing, what better to carry us into the dark half of the year than being mindful for all we have to be grateful for?

8/1/14: I am grateful I let my husband talk me into going to see Guardians of the Galaxy last night. GREAT movie. I laughed until my stomach hurt.

8/2/14: I am grateful for the sweet patron at my husband's community library who shared his first harvest with us-a bag of big, fat, long green beans. When I got home from the grocery store I cleaned and parboiled them, then sauteed them with a little butter, olive oil, lemon thyme, and lots of sliced garlic. This is a dish of my grandmere's, and it is one of my favorite things on the planet. French comfort food. I retrieved our first harvest of the season this morning--4 red tomatoes. We also have a jalapeno that's ready to pick. I see BLTs in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment