This week our share was very plentiful! It included: a sweet baby watermelon, a small spaghetti squash, a big bunch of curly kale, a bag of arugula, a bunch of various kinds of tomatoes (heirloom and hybrid--so many I had to grab a bowl to put them in because I ran out of space in my hanging basket), a yellow onion, several varieties of eggplant (oriental and fairy tale, which I am also growing in my garden), many colored sweet peppers, a bunch of lemongrass, a bunch of basil, and a bunch of parsley.
Not sure what color the watermelon is, but it will get cut up and eaten. Nothing is as good in the hot summer weather as cold watermelon!
I am going to roast some of the tomatoes, peppers, and the onion and then freeze them to use at a later time: A Peck of Peppers
The spaghetti squash I will roast and eat myself. My husband is not a squash fan. I'll probably have it for lunch on Saturday. I love squash!!
The eggplant dish I made with the baby eggplants was AMAZING and super easy, so I may make that again using the eggplant and some of the tomatoes from this week and freeze it for consumption at a later time when I don't feel like cooking. I need to get more freezer containers and a sharpie to label all the things.
I have not cooked with lemongrass before, but I know it is used in Thai cooking, so I'm thinking that and the basil may get used in a Thai-inspired dish. Time to hit the Pinterest!
The kale I will likely just saute like I did a few weeks ago with a bunch of garlic, it was so good!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment