Saturday, February 22, 2014
D is for Doom of the Gods-Ragnarok (PBP 2014)
I have enjoyed reading all the articles that have been popping up on my news feed this week on Facebook about Ragnarok.
According to Facebook, Ragnarok is trending. I find that extraordinarily amusing. Anyhow, here's some of the articles for your perusing pleasure:
Are you ready for the Viking Apocalypse? Norse myth predicts world will end this Saturday
This weekend is Ragnarok. But it isn't the end of the world.
Ragnarok: will the world end in Viking apocalypse tomorrow?
Want to meet the end smelling fabulous? Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab, my favorite scent wizards, have developed an entire line of limited edition oil blends in honor of the impending doom. It was difficult to choose, but I finally decided on the Waters of the Well of Mimir:
Ragnarok Archives
How am I spending the Doom of the Gods? With an early morning marathon of Game of Thrones!
All joking aside, I personally don't believe that Ragnarok is the end of our linear timeline; rather, I see it as symbolic of the immanent cycle of life, death, and rebirth that all things, even the Gods themselves, are subject to.
Feel free to share your own thoughts below!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment