Friday, July 24, 2015

Adventures with CSA: Week 7 (Summer 2015)

We had a hold on our share last week due to being on vacation at the beach. This week's share included a big bunch of thai basil (which smells heavenly), a large bulb of garlic, two smallish sweet onions, 3 bulbs of kohlrabi, a yellow summer squash, three *large* cucumbers (one so large we thought initially that it was a zucchini!), a bunch of pickling cucumbers, and two medium heads of cabbage.

My husband says, "What are you going to do with all that cabbage?"

This. (cabbage, garlic)

And THIS. (cabbage, garlic, and the onions)

I may end up freezing one of both of these for eating when the weather gets a little colder. We will see.

The squash I will probably grill, now that we have propane.

The big cucumbers will probably become cucumber salad.

The pickling cucumbers will obviously become pickles.

The thai basil I will likely use to make that thai basil fried rice I made before the last time we got it. This bunch is bigger, so more basil-y goodness.

Not sure what I will do with the kohlrabi, I may just peel and shred it and throw it into the cucumber salad. Gotta say it's not my favorite veg so far. We'll see how the pickles I made last time turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment