I had to go pick up this week's share myself because my husband is currently at Gen Con. If you don't know what that is, look it up! I got stuck in awful, awful traffic coming home, and it made me appreciate him bringing our share home every week!
This week's share included lettuce, cucumbers, more pickling cucumbers, a summer squash, a bunch of dill, several beets with the greens attached, red potatoes, garlic, a bag of carrots, and a green pepper.
I still had cucumbers left from last week's share, so I sliced one up right away and shaved and sliced some of the carrots and ate them with some baba ghanoush for supper. Yum.
I made 3 jars of these. (Pickling cucumbers, dill, garlic)
The red potatoes will get quartered and roasted in the oven with herbs, likely some more of the dill (it was a big bunch), and some of my Penzey's Roasted Garlic Seasoning.
The rest of the cucumbers, the green pepper, and my first small harvest of black cherry tomatoes from mt garden will go into this. I am going to use different herbs as I don't have any parsley, omit the olives and the bouillon, and go light on the feta to cut down on the salt.
The squash last week went bad before I could grill it, so that's my plan for this one.
Not sure what I am going to do with the beets. They are a newer veggie to me. I saw a recipe where they are cooked with their greens, and since these ones have the greens attached, I think that's the way to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment