This weekend was good. Highlights:
Thursday I was off-my husband bought us tickets for a special fan event to see Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Star Wars: The Last Jedi back to back. So much fun. <3
Saturday after doing a large grocery shopping trip my husband came home from house-sitting for his folks and we went out, stopping at Persad for Pittsburgh Pagan Pride Day's Winter Market fundraiser. Then we stopped at Moonstones (friendly local pagan shop) and then went out to the mall to do some more shopping and grabbed dinner at Red Robin (AYUM).
Sunday morning I dropped by a dear friend's to exchange Yule gifts before heading off to the grocery stores yet again to do my mom's shopping. I got done with my regular chores early there and was able to vacuum downstairs for her and clear the leaves her neighbors kindly let their yard workers blow into her walkway so she doesn't slip on a wet leaf and fall.
Last night I went to Spiritways' (a local CUUPS group-Covenant of UU Pagans) Yule ritual which was lovely. During the ritual we were led on a journey to Frau Holle's well to see if She had a message for us. Of course, that wasn't what happened for me.
I remember walking in knee deep snow, surrounded by evergreen trees also covered with snow. Two big wolves and several tomtens came running over to me and we played in the snow together. I made a snow angel. Then old One-Eye showed up and said, "Hey girl. Frau Holle is leading the Wild Hunt. She ain't here. C'mon." He wrapped his cloak around me and led me to another well...yeah, THAT well. It was cold, and dark, and I was incredibly thirsty. Things get a little fuzzy here. I remember he said something about His eye, and having to be willing to let go of a piece of myself in order to take a drink of the water. Then he started carving runes into my flesh. He made Berkana on one forearm, and Uruz on the other, Perthro on my chest, Isa on my forehead, and Wunjo and Raidho on my feet. I could feel the blood trickling down from them and he laughed. Then I felt something on the back of my neck and sensed my grandfather standing behind me. "He says he is proud of you and thanks you for taking care of his daughter," Odin said. "Oh, and btw, Frau Holle says you need to work on getting your house in order...but you already knew that." He laughed again, and pushed me forward face first into a big snowdrift, and then I was back.
There were lots of Reclaiming Pgh folks at the ritual and we were able to move the energy the way it wanted to move, which felt wonderful and full of joy. It was good to celebrate the return of the light within community. Solstice Blessings to all you fine folks!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment