Happy Thorsdaeg! Today in our share we had some really exciting things! MANY tomatoes (cherry--orange and red, hybrid-red, and heirloom-yellow), lettuce, parsley, green peppers, garlic, a red onion, a bunch of green onions, leeks, green peppers, and SWEET CORN!!! (5 ears!)
I am going to make more tabbouleh using cous cous this time with the green onions, parsley, the cucumbers from last week, and some of the tomatoes.
The lettuce and some of the tomatoes will become the BLTs I spoke of last week--the head of lettuce from last week did not survive--it got frozen in the lower drawer--the crisper was full to bursting! (and still is!)
If there are any tomatoes left, my aunt just sent me a recipe of my late grandmother's for uncooked fresh tomato sauce with basil for pasta that marinates in the SUN. So THAT will be happening if possible---if not I will patiently await more tomatoes!
The green peppers, some of the garlic, and the red onion are going into a batch of hot italian sausage for sammiches.
The leeks may get frozen for later use in potato and leek soup once the weather turns a little cooler--it's one of my husband's (and my) favorites. I do have a bunch of potatoes in the house as well--maybe I will get inspired and make some to freeze over the weekend.
The sweet corn will just get cooked and eaten. I have a great recipe for corn salad but since this is my first sweet corn of the CSA season--it's going straight in my BELLY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment