This week's share was not as big and bountiful as past weeks have been--they are turning over some of their fields, and giving folks a chance to catch up on using their produce. This week we got a bunch of kale, some nice big heirloom tomatoes, two green peppers, six sweet banana peppers, red, white, and purple potatoes, red and white onions, garlic, and a bag of carrots.
The banana peppers will get stuffed. I absolutely love stuffed banana peppers, they are one of my favorite dishes on the planet. Here's a good recipe for those: Hot Sausage Stuffed Banana Peppers
I'm going to use the carrots for a sweeter treat: Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies
The potatoes and garlic will go into this: Roasted Lemon Garlic Chicken with Potatos
We're cooking out for our gaming group today so I will likely slice some of the tomatoes for burgers.
The kale will probably get sauteed and eaten as a side, maybe with the chicken.
Not sure what to do with the green papper. They may get cleaned, chopped, and frozen for soup at a later time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment