Saturday, August 29, 2015

Adventures with CSA: Week 12 (Summer 2015)

This week was insane at work, and I haven't had much time to cook at home. So I'm going to cook a bunch of things this weekend and early into next week.

This week's share included: Lettuce, heirloom and hybrid tomatoes, asian eggplant (3), green peppers, onions, a yellow doll watermelon (!!!!), a bag of okra, fresh ginger, basil, parsley, and cilantro.

The watermelon is AMAZING. I cut it up into a bowl and stuck it in the fridge. I wish it was seedless, but it is absolutely the sweetest and most delicious watermelon I've ever tasted. I HAVE GOT to learn how to grow this myself next year.

The eggplants I am going to grill. I absolutely love eggplant. I am growing fairy tale variety in my garden, but they are still very small and not ready for picking yet.

The tomatoes and basil is going to become caprese salad, I just need to get some fresh mozzarella.

I think I'm going to use the cilantro, peppers and the onions in fajitas with chicken.

I don't think I've ever cooked with fresh okra before. For me, okra goes in gumbo.Reading online, I am seeing a lot of positive things about roasting it, so I may try that.

In exciting Pagan-y news, I am going to be starting an online class with a group of really fine folks working our way through the Poetic Edda, using the lense of a particular deity in exploring different perspectives/points of view about the stories. I am going be to working with Ran and Her lense, which I am super pumped about! I had my first experience of Her at the beach this summer, and am really excited to get to know her better!

Happy weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment