WE FINALLY HAVE TOMATOES! Not just in our csa share, but some coming in on my plants in the garden!
This week's share included two medium size tomatoes (one is bright red, one is darker purple), a bag of orange cherry tomatoes, a head of lettuce, a yellow zucchini, two cucumbers (oh the cucumbers, they are never ending!), two green peppers, some white potatoes, a bunch of dill, a bunch of kale (the fancy kind with ruffly leaves), a bunch of leeks (I think there's two or three in the bunch), and a small, beautiful head of cabbage. A beautiful harvest for Lammas to be sure!
The tomatoes and the lettuce are going to become BLTs. I just need to get some good bread and nice, thick bacon from the store.
I need to harvest the cilantro in my garden and put some more seeds down, so I may make some pico de gallo using the orange cherry tomatoes. Will need to get some jalapenos as my plant has some tiny ones starting but they are still not ready. I may chop up the peppers and some onion and make fajitas for dinner one night next week, with the pico on the side and some really good corn chips. Omnomnom!
The potatoes, leeks, and dill want to be together. Some kind of delicious potato-ness will be created.
The cucumbers will become cucumber salad. My friend sent me a good recipe for one. I can also slice some up and eat them with baba or hummus.
I think I am going to make kale chips with the kale, as well as peel and slice the beets from last week's share and also make those into chips: Sweets and Beets
The cabbage...Hmm. A few weeks ago I had cabbage coming out of my ears. Maybe I'll make this. I could throw some sliced yellow zucchini in this, too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment